Siding and Trim
Siding and trim beautifies your home, but it also protect it from Buffalo weather. Collegiate Builders features Vinyl Siding. With years of experience installing siding and trim, we can brighten your home and make you the envy of your neighbors.
Using Fiber Cement Siding
Looking for siding that captures the look and feel of wood in a natural but more durable material? Consider James Hardie® FiberCement siding. With a number of profiles and textures to choose from, and a less porous surface that holds paint well, you’ll spend more time admiring your home and less time worrying about maintaining it.
Whether your home is brick, stucco, clapboard, vinyl or stone, the overhang and other trim areas still require maintenance. Since the EPA has mandated that lead be removed from paint products, keeping the house looking it’s best and protecting the trim from damage can be an expensive undertaking requiring frequent painting. The encasement of your woodwork with vinyl coated aluminum trim coil is the solution to prevent rot, water damage and the need for maintenance. There are many benefits of Vinyl Siding.
- Manufactured with proprietary ingredients to deliver durability, rigidity, and resistance to extreme weather
- Delivers the attractive appearance of wood without the costly, time-consuming upkeep
- Alside premium vinyl siding won’t split, peel or rot
- Because fade resistant color goes clear through the panel, it never needs to be scraped, stained or painted
- Constructed of galvanized steel and fused with a top coat of PVC for optimal performance
- Provides exceptional strength and impact resistance
- Independently verified to withstand hurricane-force winds
- A non-combustible product, meeting even the most stringent building codes
- Luxurious color choices to perfectly accent your home
- Numerous options that offer cost-effective, low-maintenance appeal
- Distinguished by its versatility and impeccable attention to detail
- Performance-engineered to gently blend exceptional style with superior performance
- A beautiful, easy to care for finish
- Provides the ventilation needed to eliminate excess heat and humidity from eaves, overhangs and attics
- Available in solid and vented panels
- Solid panels can be used for a stunning vertical siding installation
Trim & Decorative Accents
- Decorative details that deliver the look and performance of a custom, handcrafted design
- Ultraviolet-stabilized color is molded clear through the material for a quality finish
- Engineered components are designed to capture the look of custom made trim details
- Colors perfectly complement or contrast with all Alside siding
Siding Questions Answered
Do I ever have to paint my siding?
No! The most you ever have to do is give your home a washing with soap and water once or twice a year.
Does it come with matching trim?
CertainTeed offers the widest variety of trim pieces in the industry. Everything from function utility trims to substantial wide trims resembling dimensional lumber, fluted cornerposts and decorative crown molding for window headers. Most items are available in all CertainTeed colors.
CertainTeed also offers Restoration Millwork PVC Cellular trim that coordinates with all our vinyl and polymer siding products.
How much does it cost to side a home?
Because we offer sidings at a number of price points to fit any need and any budget, and because every home and siding job is unique, there is no way to answer this question. The best thing to do is invite a siding contractor to your home so he can measure it accurately and discuss other needs you may have.
What are the advantages of Longer Length Siding?
The primary benefit of longer length siding panels is that it reduces the number of seams on the wall. Siding seams can be an aesthetic objection to vinyl siding.
What is Polymer Siding?
The typical application for this kind of siding is Shake and Shingle cladding with a cedar pattern which can be used as a whole house application or in accent areas.